Exam Tips You Need In Your Life

Hiya ♡, It feels like a while since I properly focused on my blog in a while, and I have amazing news. I've finished all 13 of my mock exams! Gosh I feel so happy typing that. The past week has been a heck of a long one. But, I have one more day left of school. Also have a party to go to which will be great. That's if one of the boys my friend has( lets call her Thunder Lungs, or Boomer, or Ear Splitter, Shrill Pill or Chatty Cathy I mean you get where I'm coming from, I love the girl but she's so loud I practically go deaf when I sit next to her)  invited doesn't kick off (he's one for a nice slap of the window and a good kick of a chair). Any way, I'm getting off topic! Here I am to give you some tips and to hopefully guide you through your exams.

💙  Read the question twice, heck read it four times! Without even thinking I do this. I read the question, think, read it again, think, read it again and think. It means that I don't skip I question I think I don't understand, trust me it helps. I always get told I don't read the question properly and I miss out on marks, so this is something that is definitely key.

💙 Underline the key words and phrases. Or use abbreviations.  You want to underline the command word (explain, examine, describe e.c.t) or use CW to abbreviate. Underline the key fact or knowledge so KFK this is things like marine life, or globalisation. And lastly, the focus of the question, FOQ, this is the detailed part. Here's an example Explain why the marine ecosystem life count has decreased in developed countries. I've even highlighted it for you. But, do you get why this makes the question easier to tackle?

💙 Sort your handwriting out! It may have sounded annoying in primary school but if an examiner cannot read your handwriting then how can they give your marks! The same thing for small handwriting, I possess a very small hand and have frequently been told I need to write bigger. My Physics teacher said his wife got out a magnifying glass as a joke because my handwriting is so small.

💙 Explain explain explain! One of my teachers makes us practice "why chains" where you answer a question, and then ask yourself why at the end of it, you then keep on doing this until you cant possibly think of anymore outcomes. Especially if you take Geography as a subject, the examiners love when someone explains in such detail, they lap it up.

There we go, some more tips to send you on your way! These have definitely saved my ass so please comment if you have any more! I need them as much as we all do. xoxo Gossip Girl! (sorry I couldn't resist, any gossip girl fan out there, lets unite and form a revolt, or a sit in or boycott or whatever you have to do to make them film another season, please we need help!) Goodbyeeeeee! Can you tell i've been at the Pringels? Ok bye!!!

Comments

Popular Posts