An Apple Crumble Recipe Worth Reading

You know that one food that solves all of your problems? That one meal that you get excited for
as soon as you know that your having it? That one thing you only have when it's getting cold outside? Well, if you're anything like me, it's mums apple crumble. Actually, i'm not even sure it's mums recipe because my Nana, taught my Nan how to cook and my Nan taught my mum how to cook and my nan and mum have taught me and my sister one way or another. So, as my mum does everything by eye I am going to describe to you how much you will need if your going to follow the recipe.  I was inspired to share this with you, when my mums work friend gave us a crate of apples from her apple trees on the farm and we have barely made a dent, we've had them just over a week and half!



The ingredients you will need:
  • Apples and any other fruits if you want!
  • Sugar
  • Lemon Juice
  • Cinnamon
  • Butter
  • Brown sugar
  • Caster sugar
  • Flour
First of all, you need to peel and chop your apples. We like to quarter the apples, then core them and cut slices. Then you want to put them in a pan with around half the amount of water to apples. We add around two tablespoons of caster sugar a sprinkling of cinnamon and a dash of lemon juice, as I said, we don't weigh anything out when it comes to crumble it's almost second nature! After around ten minutes of stewing your apples should look like this, remember to stir a little but not too often you still want some bits of apple to chomp on.


While your apple is stewing, you should start on the crumble topping, this is my favourite bit!! First start of with around two big desert spoonful's of butter in a bowl along with the same amount of sugar. we like to have half brown sugar and half white but whatever preference you have go for it!
It should look a little like this.


Now, add the flour in depending on how much butter you have you may have to add more or less flour but you end result should be like breadcrumbs. And if you grab a handful and squeeze it in your hand it should stick together but crumble a bit when you try to pick said ball up. Also, depending on how many people you are making this for you might have to change how much of the ingredients you use, or you can just eat the left over like I used to when I was little!


By now, you apples should be ready so put them in a oven proof dish. We had some homemade blackberry jam so mum mixed that in when it was in the dish.


Here's a bit of an action shot, as you an see we made a couple of crumbles which a froze because of the multitude of apples we had. But mum just mixed in the blackberry jam just before we put the crumble on top. And you guessed it, now we put the crumble on!


And that's it! When you want to eat it put it in the oven at 180⁰C until it is golden brown on the top!
Some classic condiments we have with crumble is cream and/or ice cream.

      

Hope you enjoy and use this almost recipe!?!? Hahaha, i'm pretty sure most people know how to make crumble. But please tell me what your comfort food is!! Mine is definitely crumble and mashed potato!






Comments

  1. This looks so delicious omg I wish I wasn't afraid of heat ahaha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts